Friday, April 1, 2016

Japan Update #1


Hey everyone! Ok, so this is the first update to my blog and it is a bit late because I have been settling in with my host family after the orientation. Anyhow, hope you enjoy and there will be more updates soon to come!

OK so to start off with, when I first arrived in country I was greeted by the orientation staff and went to the National Youth Center in Tokyo. There was something like 80 of us from like 20 different countries that were at the orientation, so there was a ton of people to meet. I had no internet the whole orientation, had no way to charge my phone and I did pretty much nothing but attend “How not to have culture shock” classes (not really what they were called but pretty much what they were). So anyway, orientation ended

and WOOOHOOO I’m off to my host family in beautiful Kofu, a smaller city a few hours by bus from Tokyo. First off, this place is super pretty (especially this time of year because of the sakura AKA cherry blossoms blooming) and I love the relaxed vibe the whole place gives off. The entire city is surrounded by mountains, including Mt. Fuji, so the entire place just feels safe and all the people reassure that even further. In the last few days me and my host family have just been getting acquainted with one another and we go on little trips every day because I don’t start school until next week (It’s Japanese students spring break right now). Today I went to get a haircut and OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING. I honestly can say for certain that I know now what heaven is like. The guy cutting my hair was great but the shampoo and head scrub is what did it for me. So I have short hair now…
I actually think it looks pretty good though! After my haircut I went to lunch at a manga cafe with my host dad as he had said their food was really good and he was not kidding! Well that was my day so far, and I'll be sure to start making a daily journal so I can remember and share all the fun things I do!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome experience! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You crack me up ;) Your hair looks great and your peace sign is on point. Enjoy this amazing journey, we miss you! Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful(: The city sounds really picturesque and quirky. Does your host family speak English? What is the food like in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be following ur updates. Haircut looks great. Glad u like ur host family.
    Keep the posts coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be following ur updates. Haircut looks great. Glad u like ur host family.
    Keep the posts coming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordan,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog sweetheart. It made me smile hearing from you! Please keep posting and writing. You look great and it sounds like your having the time of your life. Enjoy!!! We love and miss you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Jords! Place looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jordy que guapo te ves !!! Manda fotos de tu cuarto

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jordan,
    Happy to see you are having a great week.
    Great new haircut and great local family !
    Can't wait to see pictures of your school uniform!
    Keep writing to all your fans!
    Go Jordan. Love you
    Dad

    ReplyDelete